Post by JustJohn or JJ on Aug 17, 2016 8:48:19 GMT -7
How To Make The Cheesecake Factory Copycat Shrimp Scampi
INGREDIENTS 1 lb. peeled, deveined shrimp, butterflied 1/2 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. salt 1/2 package angel hair pasta PARMESAN BREADING: 1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs 3 tbsp. shredded Parmesan 1/4 tsp. Black pepper 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper CREAM SAUCE: 3 tbsp. olive oil 1 c. white wine 4-5 whole garlic cloves, peeled 1 pint heavy cream 1/2 red onion, diced 1 plum tomato, diced 1 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
1. Toss shrimp in baking soda and salt mixture. Leave in fridge for 15-20 minutes.
2. Cook angel hair pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. Make the Parmesan breading: Combine all ingredients in a shallow bowl. Coat shrimp in breading.
4. Warm olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Use tongs to place the shrimp in the skillet. Cook shrimp, about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until it’s curled up and is pink and white, not gray or translucent anymore. Place on a plate lined with paper towels.
5. Make the cream sauce: Add white wine and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic. Stir occasionally, letting the sauce reduce, for about 8 to10 minutes.
6. Add the heavy cream, stir and bring the sauce to a simmer. Add the onion, stir and let the sauce simmer for 5 to7 minutes. Add tomato, basil and Parmesan, stirring to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Divide angel hair pasta among plates. Top with shrimp and cream sauce. Garnish with additional Parmesan and basil if you’d like.
I no longer listen to what people say, I just watch what they do. Behavior never lies.